How To Apply and Get OD (Original Degree) in JNTU – Procedure: First of all we will let you know about the OD which stands for ‘Orignal Degree’, after a students complete his B.Tech or B.Pharmacy course through the JNTU or its affiliated college and upon clearing all the required subjects the students issued the PC, CMM, and OD. The PC stands for ‘Provisional Certificate’ which has class printed on it in which you have qualified like First class, Second Class etc, CMM stands for Consolidated Marks Memo in which all the marks from your 1st Year or 1st semester to last year or final semester will be written and a percentage is awarded to the student. The OD is similar to the PC but not completely.
OD is not issued immediately with the PC, CMM but it takes time to get OD because when ever there is convocation and JNTU decides it will print the OD’s and they are sent through the post which means will be delivered to your house directly, and in some cases can be obtained through the JNTU itself, now when we talk about the speciality of the OD, it comes with a cover which is printed on excellent paper and have your photograph, name, father’s name, and other details including the class you qualified and in the end you will find a golden colour stamp like thing which shows it’s an original document, this is issued for both graduations and post graduations example B.Tech and M.Tech students. Till then you could also check Complete Information About GST For Students – Goods & Services Tax and share with your friends also.
How To Apply for OD through the College & JNTU (Immediate by/in Tatkal Process)
- Visit your college exam branch and collect a form if required or else collect it form JNTUH itself
- Take xerox copies of your PC and CMM and attach it to move your application forward
- You may also need to register online if required and upload PC, CMM online [only if required]
- Now pay the Challan fee which is around Rs.3500/- INR through Net banking or Cards etc or other ways
- Now take print out of the paid challan and hand over to the officials
- You will receive OD through the post to your home or collect it through the JNTU itself
How To Apply and Get OD in Convocation (Non-Immediate Process)
- This can be called as late process also, you have to keep an eye on Convocation dates
- Whenever convocation states about the particular year degree issuance you have to apply on JNTU e-Payments official website
- If your college had already taken the OD fee which is around Rs.700/- at the time of 4-2 exams then you need not pay anything now
- Or else pay the remaining amount Rs.700/- approximately and apply with the details and take print out
- Wait for 1-2 months and usually college wise or branch wise degrees are issued and sent to students through post
- Note: Convocation comes once a year or sometimes after 2 years and so on etc
Students who are planning or ready to go to the US or Australia or other countries for their M.S or post graduation can get in Tatkal but for them too OD is not required but if they had money then they can take or else wait till the convocation comes, this is short information about the getting your Original degree for your engineering, pharmacy etc but if you have doubts about Convocation, Degrees, PC, CMM, Marks Memo’s, Grace Marks, Skip of 2 Subjects, percentage calculation or anything related to this you can initiate a discussion through the comments and the best comments will be chosen and may be added to the article under the FAQ’s section and may be answered soon, this article may be updated time to time.