How to Apply & Get Your Voter Identity Card in India – Procedure: Hey guys, in this article we are going to show you in detail, the benefits, eligibility of voter ID card, and How to Make Voter ID Card in India procedure. So first of all, what is a voter ID? A voter id is a one’s identity document issued by the State Government or the Government India. The card offers a citizen to exercise his/her most important right that is the right to vote for his constituency, central, municipal and central elections.
Along with voting rights, A voter ID card also offers as an address proof, a personage proof, and also for buying things like Sim card (may not applicable now), also used for ration card, and passport. Indeed a voter ID is an important document for every citizen in India above 18 years. The voter ID was introduced by the Election Commission of India to keep the accuracy of votes. We are showing you How to Make Voter ID Card in various states of India like Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, West Bengal, etc, it’s an essential document and it’s our national duty to cast vote. Read the article to know the complete procedure.
Voter ID Card Eligibility:
A person is a label to get his/her voter ID card if an applicant is above 18 years of age. This is simple eligibility. Also Read: How To Link Your Aadhaar Card With PAN Card – Procedure
Applications Required for Obtaining Voter ID Card
To apply for voter ID, a person should have the following documents
- A passport size photograph
- Address proof like Aadhaar card
- Date of birth proof.
Benefits of Obtaining a Voter ID Card
- It serves as a single identity document that applies all over India
- It contains all our information like name, photo, DOB, address, etc
- While purchasing necessary things such as
SIM cardor buying property, Voter ID serves as essential identity documents
- The main function of Voter ID is to cast vote. You can cast your vote during an election
- The voter ID acts as an acknowledgment that the person is a registered voter
- Let’s see How to Apply for a Voter ID card in India both offline and online
How to Apply for Voter ID Online
- Visit the official website of Election Commission of India’ or ‘CEO of your State’ (Example: CEO Telangana, CEO Maharashtra, CEO Andhra Pradesh)
- This will redirect to a new page and then click on “Apply online for registration of new voter”
- You will see an online form which is called ‘Form 6’ which is divided into 4 categories
- Fill in all the details such as state, name, house address, pin code, district, and so on
- Attach the supporting document for verification like your photograph, age proof, and address proof
- After filling and attaching the documents and details, users may click on the submit button
- You will be given a unique application ID which will be used for tracking Voter ID status
How to Apply for Voter ID Offline
If you wish to not apply online or you don’t the necessary electronics like a printer, pc you can also apply for voter ID offline.
- To apply offline, you need to visit the state election office
- You need to fill the form 6 with all the details and attach the required documents
- Then submit the application to the person in charge after verification
- Your voter id card will be issued after a specific period of time
How to Apply for Voter ID Semi-Online:
If you have a computer but not a scanner, you can opt to apply semi-online by following these methods:
- Visit your nearest internet cafe and ask to apply for a voter id on your behalf
- They will fill in the details as you tell him and scan the documents
- After that, they will give you a unique application ID to track the voter ID status
- After a specific period, you can download your voter ID or collect it from the electoral office (in some cases, it is delivered to your address)
I Hope, you find our article useful and relevant. If you follow the above steps, we are absolutely sure you will get your voter ID in a matter of time. Be sure to share the article with your friends and if you have any suggestions or query please comment down below. We will be in touch as soon as possible.