Mobile phones have become the way of life for most people, be it an adult or children. A lot people in the world are addicted to phones these days. With the advanced technology and multi-tasking, which the smart provide these days, it has become a necessity for the people to get their work done. But, what happens when one day someone you don’t know about your phone or accidentally forgot where you put it. Obviously, you will get panic, because of all the data like photos of people in our lives and important contacts. Without them, it is difficult to keep in touch with them and may face some issues. So in this article, we will be sharing the most common steps on How To Get Back Lost Mobile and What are Steps You may take after you Lost Mobile and precautions. A mobile phone has a tremendous amount of information about you, and it is information, you do not want to fall into wrong hands. So, read the article to find the procedure to get Lost Mobile.
How to Get Lost Mobile – Police Complaint
So, after the mobile gets lost, it can be a nightmare considering the importance of mobile phones and its facilities. The fact is, there are no only online services which can help you to get back the phone. The only solution is to lodge a FIR in a Police Station nearby. Before filing a police complaint, make sure you have the following details against stolen or lost mobile.
- Name of the owner of lost or stolen mobile
- Date, address and time, when the mobile was lost
- SIM card contact number
- Person’s email ID, in which the mobile phone is registered
- Details of the last call made by the last phone
- Address of the mobile phone owner
- The IMEI number of the phone.
The process can take its own time based on the location of the mobile, but to be sure the average time can 1 day to 1 month, so you have to be patient. And don’t forget to take the copy of F.I.R and contact your Sim card service provider once with the same. And try to block your Sim card as soon as possible.
Find the IMEI Number: If you have already know your IMEI (International mobile equipment identity) number, then basically half of your problems are solved. What is an IMEI number? The international mobile equipment number is a built-in unique 15 digit IMEI number; based on this number you can check information about the device like brand name, SIM card and even location.
How to Find IMEI Number
- Step 1– To find your device IMEI number, all you had to do is to dial *#06# on the phone. Your device will show the 15 digit number, which is the IMEI number
- Step 2– IMEI number is also located on the compliance plate, under the battery on your phone
- Step 3 (Imp) – Now, you have the IMEI number, write the number and other details as mentioned above in the complaint letter, as your mobile is lost, you can get EMEI number which may be printed on the Box of your phone, or the bill provided to you by the merchant at the time of purchasing mobile.
- Step 4– Now, with the help of IMEI number, the police will backtrace the location of the device with the location devices they had. Even if someone has changed the SIM, it is easy to trace because of the IMEI number.
- Step 5– All you had to do is keep patience and be in touch with the police 24/7, hoping they can find the mobile.
How to Track or Find Your Lost Mobile Phone on Google Maps
Whether you forgot where you left or it was stolen or lost and it is a simple process and legally through Google. A few steps can help you locate or secure your mobile or tablet by following these simple steps:
- Step 1 – If you have a PC, sign into the Gmail account and go ‘My Account’ and choose ‘Find your phone’ setting, on the bottom of a page.
- Step 2 – With the same Gmail login on your mobile and computer you can track your phone
- Step 3 – Click on your device and also mention your password and sign in
- Step 4 – You can ring your mobile at full volume even if its muted and also if your SIM is removed
- Step 5 – From there, you can lock the phone, erase it, sign out on the phone and even locate it
- Step 6 – Choose the ‘Locate’ option and it will locate your device last location. You can also lock your phone and lock your home screen.
- Note: If you were using the Xiaomi (Redmi) mobiles, they will also provide a separate application something named ‘Phone Finder’, you can use that, even Samsung also provides an application, almost all these are same.
So that was the simple steps to follow, So you can recover your phone and also remove the data. By doing this, you can help the police finding by easing the process for them and your mobile will find out very soon.
Precautions to be Taken for Protect Your Smartphone from Loss or Stolen
Backup: Backup means restoring the data to the different site in case of any malware or your phone is lost. Backup the data not only makes a copy of any file like media, contacts or documents, it also saves from any threat which causes into the phone. Nowadays, there is an automatic backup option on your phone be it IOS or Android, both offer cloud storage, while the ios offer 5 GB free, but you can buy more for an annual fee. Google drives gives you 15 GB of storage free for photos, videos, and other documents, or you may simply use Dropbox. You can also find auto backup in settings. So, it automatically backup the files and you don’t have to worry about individual files. Also, MI phone offers cloud storage of 5 GB with the auto backup of your files like photos, notes, contacts and it also have an find device option.
Use a Strong Screen Password: Protecting your phone with a password is the strongest step towards safety. You may usually keep the 4 pin password, but it’s time to dump that thing and keep a strong password, which includes strong letters and numbers. Fingerprint password is the best password combination you can get. So, our suggestion is to keep a finger scanner password or character password, which should be easier for you.
Use Avast Anti-Theft: Avast Anti-theft is a program by Avast antivirus software, that helps them to notify the user when their SIM card was changed. By setting up this Anti-Theft, you can recognize when your mobile is stolen and new SIM card is inserted. The Avast will send you a notification from the stolen phone. The SMS notification will send to your friend’s mobile number and it will be displayed in your avast account.
By Using this Feature you Can Do the Following Things
- You can remotely control commands like retrieve details of calls made and receive
- Copy incoming and outgoing SMS
- Locking your phone remotely and wiping all the personal data. To enable this feature, you can download the avast software on your mobile and set up your avast account to join the Anti-Theft program.
Update Your Operating System: You may get annoyed by this, constant pop up on your screen to update the operating system. You know that’s operating system contains the latest bug fixes and security issues, which can found in the old operating systems. It also has some features, which may help in finding the lost mobile phone.
In case you get confused to How To Get Back Lost Mobile? after you Lost Mobile. So, don’t ignore the security updates and constantly update them.