How To Apply (Make) & Get Your 2 or 4 Wheeler Driving License – Details: Nowadays, owning a 2 wheeler or 4 wheelers has become an essential part of our modern life. As the population is increasing and the public transport is not adequate for the public. People have been riding to their offices, homes and other places through bike or car. In order to ride your vehicle, you must own a Driver’s License. A driving license is an official document, issued by the ‘Ministry of Road Transport Corporation’ (RTO) of State usually, which allows the people to drive their vehicle on the public roads. It also states that the person has passed all the tests and he/she is eligible and safe to drive on the road. If you driver, without a driving license, chances are one day or the other, you are going to get huge fine by police or your vehicle can be possessed. So, make sure to obtain a driver’s license. Below we have provided the step by step details, Eligibility, and other details to obtain a driving license.
Eligibility for Getting a Driving License
|Type of License||Eligibility criteria|
|Vehicles without Gear||Must be 16 years old and have parent’s consent.|
|Vehicles with Gear||Must be 18 years.|
|For General Requirement||Must be updated with latest traffic rules and regulations|
|Commercial and Transport Vehicle||Minimum 20 years of age|
Getting a Learner’s License (LLR)
In order for getting a driving license, you must apply first for the learner’s license. To apply for learner’s license, head to your nearest RTO office and fill the form 1 and form 2, under the motor vehicles Act. Fill all the necessary details which are asked such as name, father’s name, address, date of birth, phone/mobile number etc. You need to carry to all the attesting documents, which are important for verification. Telangana State residents can apply online from this TS Transport official website (Slot booking for the Learner’s License).
Documents Required for Driving License
- 2 Passport size photographs
- Date of Birth proof like Birth certificate, Educational certificate
- Address proof like Aadhaar card, voter id etc.
Once you fill the form and attached all the documents, you need to stand in the queue to gets documents verified. An RTO officer will verify your documents, then you need to pay the fee as per the fee structure. After paying the fee, you need to go under biometric recorder, where the person will take your photograph, thumbprints, and digital signature. Then the next step is a license test. The test has 10 questions about the traffic rules. After clearing this test. You can collect the learner’s license on the date scheduled. Please, note that learner’s license is not an actual license, it will be valid only for 6 months. You must put a Big “L” in red color on the front and backside of the vehicle. Within the 6 months, you have to make & get a permanent driving license.
When you are confident enough to obtain a permanent driving license after driving with a learner’s license. Then you can apply for the further process. Here are details for the process:
- Go to the RTO office, fill the form 4 and attach form 1 and 2 and learner’s license. Form 1 and 2 will be handover at the time of obtaining learner’s license.
- Submit the Application and pay the fee as required for the permanent license fee.
- You need to pay additional money for each class (for eg: 3 wheelers, 4 wheeler etc)
- Once you pay the fee, The RTO will schedule your driving test on a specified date.
- Once you reach the test zone, there will be 2 queues one for driving school applicants and one for the general public.
- Reach out the line, where you belong and from there handover your documents to an inspector.
- Your name will be announced by an inspector for the driving test.
- Carry the vehicle, for which you are applying for a license. If you are applying for the 2+4 license. You should go on a car and a person on a bike or Activa.
- The RTO officer may ask you to draw an 8 and 11 by driving and riding. Practice beforehand to avoid any mistake and rejection.
- Once you cleared your driving test, the senior officer will sign on the form.
- The permanent driving license will be sent to your registered home through a post. It will take around 1 month or above to get your driving license, so be patient.
Telangana State applications can Schedule/Book for Driving Licence Test directly from Here. Thus, the above is the standard RTO rules and procedure for the obtaining license. If you follow all the above rules, you shouldn’t have any problem. For driving test keep your self-calm and follow all the rules. Use the indication for turning, change gear smoothly and follow all the signs. Hope you find our post meaningful. If you like it, follow our facebook page for more useful updates.
Summary for Andhra Pradesh & Telangana State Residents: First of all book slot for the Learner’s License from the AP/TS Transport official website’s, now take out a print and go to the selected Test center, there you can complete the formalities like filling up form, giving finer print or any other thing etc, now you will be charged some amount, pay that and give the test on computer (usually), now you will get Learner’s license if qualified in the test, take the learner’s license and you will have around 6 months time to get Permanent License, now to book actual Test Slot, go to the AP/TS Transport official website’s, book the slot to give your trial with your bike or car, pay the required fee, complete the formalities and give your test, that’s it!. For more follow ‘E-Students’ Point’ on Facebook.