How to Prepare for IBPS Clerk: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts banking exams in India. IBPS is the main body that conducts banking exams in India. It has recently released notification for recruitment of Clerk. The exam is taking place on 08th, 09th, 15th & 16th December 2018 and Mains is scheduled on 20th January 2019. The IBPS clerk prelims are going to take place in the month of December. Therefore, it is crucial to start preparing for the upcoming exam. These tips for IBPS Clerk will help you align your preparation and approach for IBPS Clerk 2018.
Your preparation should be properly aligned with keeping in mind the exam pattern and syllabus. This article provides section wise strategies and tips to optimize your preparation and achieve maximum marks. Moreover, find handy tricks, quizzes and time management plan. Also, understand how to prioritize topics and plan for IBPS Clerk exam.
Section-Wise Tips for IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2018
Numerical Ability Preparation Tips for IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2018
This part checks your numerical ability. You can score easily in this section with proper preparation. Follow the below tips for gaining some guidelines
- By heart the formulas to solve the question from this section easily.
- Also, learn the application of theories and formulas.
- Learn shortcuts or tricks to solve the questions easily with accuracy.
- Attempt mock test and last year question papers to self-analyze and know your weaker areas.
- Spend sufficient time practicing the questions or section that are challenging or difficult.
English language Preparation Tips for IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2018
The English Language is a very scoring subject if your grammar is thorough. To ace, this subject read the below points –
- Read newspapers and magazines daily.
- Note down new words and find their meanings, synonyms, and antonyms. This will help to increase your vocabulary and reading speed.
- Get through with grammar rules and its usage.
- Solve mock test and practice questions regularly to analyze your preparation level.
Reasoning Ability Preparation Tips for IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2018
As this part checks your thinking and mental ability, therefore, use your presence of mind while solving questions from this section.
- Practice questions from Syllogism, Seating Arrangement, and Mathematical Inequality.
- Gain familiarity with all the topics to understand the theory or logic behind these topics. Attempt minimum 20 to 30 questions from all topics every day. Time yourself while solving previous year paper or mock test.
General Tips for IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2018
Revision is Must:
- You must revise and study to make your preparation up to mark. Revision is also crucial in the last few days.
- Making small notes while revising.
- Solve at least 100 questions from the syllabus that you have studied.
- Properly divide each section on the weak, strong and weakest.
- Having 90% accuracy in your strongest areas and then move on to re-examine your weaker sections.
Improve your Accuracy and Speed
- Accuracy is essential as it will fetch you marks.
- Avoid those question that consumes your time and are difficult and confusing.
- Attempt easy and less time-consuming questions first.
- Do not attempt or skip those questions cost you negative marks.
- Avoid taking chance while solving questions, as a high number of attempt must have higher accuracy.
- Attempt the good/best questions
Focus on your Strong Areas
- Prepare topics or sections that are easy or you feel confident about.
- Some sections are more scoring than others or carry more weight in the exam. You can start preparing these sections first.
- While some sections or topics are easy for you. You can focus on these parts first, then move to other sections. Examples of such topics are Reading Comprehension, Error detection, Simplification, Analogy, Arrangements & Patterns, Number Series, Algebra, Geography, Science, Basic computer parts, and functions, etc.
- Strengthening such topics will fetch you more marks and time in the exam.
- Time management is of utmost importance in banking exam. You need to attempt all the given questions in the given time frame, this will help you solve all the questions.
- It is crucial to wisely divide your time to prepare all the subjects.
- Make sure to time yourself while giving the mock test or solving previous year papers.
- For English: Solve all the easy and scoring questions in 15-20 min. In meantime, you need to note down the question number of difficult or tricky questions to attempt later. Towards the end, solve these questions.
- For Quantitative Aptitude: Use a similar approach while solving Quant and attempt the scoring and easy questions within 25 minutes.
- For Reasoning Ability: Form this section solve the scoring and easy questions within 15 – 20 minutes.
Attempt Mock Test
- It is crucial to attempt ibps clerk online mock test to evaluate your preparation level.
- Understand your weaker section and the areas you do mistakes.
- Work on the good difficult sections or challenging parts by carefully correcting them and acing the section.
Therefore, it is crucial to begin the preparations right away. Use your time wisely for preparing each section. Also, practice each section by attempting good previous year papers and mock test. Hope these preparation strategies and tips will help you crack the IBPS Clerk exam.