How To Link Your Aadhaar Card With PAN Card: Aadhaar is a 12 digit number issued by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), which contains all the information based on demographics and biometrics of a person. PAN is a ten-digit alphanumeric number issued by the Income-tax department is used to file the tax return. Recently, the government of India has made compulsory for all the taxpayers to link their Aadhaar card with PAN card for filing Income tax returns. The Government has stated, by linking Aadhaar card with PAN, it can tackle the fake PAN cards, keep an eye on taxable transactions of an individual or entity and remove corruption. You can link the both cards using online and SMS method or by visiting nearest service center by providing valid information.
Here Are The Simple Steps to Link Aadhar Card with PAN Card Using an Online Method
- Visit the website incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and login with your details such as username, password and fill the captcha code and enter login.
- You can also link without Log in through this Link.
- Once you logged in, a pop-up window will appear telling you to link your Aadhaar card with PAN. If you don’t get the popup message then check the blue bar above and click on “profile setting” and then click on link Aadhaar in the list.
- Details such as name, date of birth will appear just check the details, if it matches with your Aadhaar card, if the details match, then fill your Aadhaar number and captcha code and click on the link of Aadhaar.
- Once you submitted, a popup message will appear informing you that Aadhaar card has been linked to your PAN card successfully. Also Check:
Linking Through the SMS
If you are experiencing heavy traffic and the content is taking too much time to load, you can opt to link your Aadhaar using the SMS method. You can link your Aadhaar card with PAN following these simple steps:
- Send SMS to 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number
- The message should be sent in the following format
- UIDPAN<space> <12 digit Aadhaar number><space><10 digit PAN>.
- For example – UIDPAN 123456741852 BKLM4124C.
- Visit the nearest service center or PAN service provider, NSDL or UTIITSC.
- You need to fill the form called Annexure-1 and attach your attesting documents.
- Fill the form and submit to the operator and pay the prescribed as per the service.
If you are using an online method and your name doesn’t match an OTP is sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and continue the process. It is advisable to check your data on both Aadhaar and PAN card before you trying to link the 2 numbers.