What is Passport: Passport is an identity document issued by the Government of India, for a person who is traveling abroad for various purposes like employment, education, business, tourism or family visits etc. Getting a passport was not an easy process back in the day, an individual had to wait around 60-90 days for his/her passport, but now, the process has been made very simple. So, you can get the passport as early as 15-20 days. In this article, we will be showing you how to apply for the passport in just 5 steps. Below are the steps as follows.
- Online Application Form
- Passport Seva Kendra
- Police verification
- Tracking your passport
- Providing necessary documents
For Applying a Passport Make Sure You Have the Following Documents
- Address proof: Provide address proof in any of the following form: Electricity bills (conditionally), bank passbook, Voter ID or Aadhar card.
- Date of birth: You can give your DOB information by giving birth certificate, Aadhaar card etc (Note: Birth certificate is not mandatory According to new Rules)
- Non-ECR: School leaving certificate i.e. TC (Transfer Certificate), Marks Memorandum (10th mark sheet).
After collecting all the necessary documents now you should apply online (If you facing difficulties to apply online by self then you can visit nearest internet cafe and ask the operator to apply by paying amount). These are the step by step procedure for applying:
- Online application form
- Go to the official website passportindia.gov.in
- Click on the new user register, now click and fill all the required details like name, age, address, email etc.
- You need to select passport office of your city you’re living now, also mention your name exactly same as in your documents to avoid any problems. The rest of the form is pretty straight-forward just like any other website.
- Now, that you have created your account, return to Passport Seva website and log in using your email ID. Click Apply for the Fresh Passport, you can either fill the form online or download, but we recommend filling it online as it is the convenient way for applying.
- After filling the form, click on submit the form and you’ll see the form you’ve submitted, next make your payment and a list of passport Seva Kendra’s will appear from your city take the earliest possible appointment at your nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSU).
- Now, you’ll see a preview of the receipt. Once again, click a print application and finally take a printout of your appointment confirmation.
Passport Seva Kendra
- On the day of appointment take all your important documents and reach PSK (Passport Seva Kendra) in time, keep 2 copies of your documents handy.
- Next up they will give you a token and asks for documents for verification after examining they will give you a token number.
- After document verification now the actual process will start. You have to go through 3 sections A, B, C. These process is quite simple and will not take more than an hour.
- After these steps, you have to give your exit from and go, that’s it.
After submission of your form in PSK (Passport Seva Kendra), now it comes the police verification. The policeman in charge will come to your house and enquire about you from neighbors and take signatures. He will also ask you to take the photocopy of your neighbor ID proof also if needed.
Tracking Your Passport
After police verification now it’s time to relax and wait for your passport, you can also track your passport online. Within 10-15 days your passport will be delivered usually, we hope you visited as a person who is applying for the fresh process. Don’t use back-end operators like agents and touts, as it is illegal and charge you extra money. So be careful.
If you have any doubts or need more information then please leave a comment in comments section, one of our admin will look the same and try to reply you as soon as possible.